Advantages of Film Farming
- Saves up to 90% of water consumption.
- Produces all year round nutritious crops.
- Uses up to 80% less fertilizer.
- High return on investment.
- Low set-up and operational costs.
- Protects crops against soil contaminations.
- Reduces soil use to a minimum.
- Long shelf-life produce.
Our Thirsty Planet
- 97.5% of the water on Earth is salty. One percent of that is brackish groundwater.
- 2.5% of the Earth’s water is fresh. About two thirds of that is frozen. The rest is liquid surface water and groundwater. That is approximately 9.25 trillion gallons.
- That leaves less than one percent of the Earth’s water for agriculture to grow our food, cool our power plants, and supply drinking and bathing water for households. Agriculture uses 70% of this water.